By creating a good and suitable computer protection you can make a stable, fast and secure computer. Sometimes when you connect your computer to internet you feel that your internet connection slow than it has to be and this is disturbing you.
This can be happen because your internet connection that time is slow or because there is spyware or adware or maybe malware that using your internet connection at background process that you do not realize. It is very dangerous when this is happening to you.
But the first thing that you must do is check your internet connections, if there is any website that connect to the internet that you do not know. To do this follows all of the steps below.
- Go to “Start” menu and go to “Search programs and files” and then type “cmd.exe” in search box. The “cmd.exe” will appear in the search result.
- At the “cmd.exe” right click. At the context menu that appears click “Run as Administrator”.
- At the UAC (User Account Control) dialogue box click the “Yes” button.
- After the cmd window show type “netstat -abf 5>activity.txt” and then press the enter button.
- The process will run, you must wait about 2 minutes and then you must stop it by pressing CTRL+C at your keyboard.
- At the cmd window type activity.txt. With this command the Notepad window will shows with details that consist web browser, IM client and programs that using the internet connection on your computer in last 2 minutes.
If you follow all the steps above correctly you will easily found programs, web browser and IM client that using your internet connection and if you do not recognize it, it is probably a malware programs that using your internet connection and make it slow.
I hope with this you will determine the next step that you must do to create a good computer protection to stop that malware.